Modular Egg-free Quiche
Time to prepare: 30-40 minutes
Equipment: Frying pan, baking pan, blender/hand mixer/potato masher, wooden spatula, whisk/fork, knife
Dish origin: France
- 300 gr. Tofu or 200 gr. chickpea flour for soy free version
- Water or plant based natural yogurt, 150 - 200 ml, could be more could be less depending on the texture of the cream
- 3-4 vegetables of choice
- 2-3 spices of choice
- nutritional yeast, 1 tablespoon (optional)
- Miso or salt, 1 teaspoon
- 1 cup of flour of choice can be with or without gluten
- 2-3 tablespoons of nut/seed butter of choice
- 1 tablespoon of any seed of choice
- 1-2 spices of choice
- Water, adding tablespoon by tablespoon until dough is not sticky and can be kneaded by hands
- Miso or salt, 1/2 teaspoon (optional)
- Place all of the Filling ingredients, except the vegetables into a blender or bowl if mixing with hand mixer or masher/whisk and mix until a creamy consistency is reached. If using chickpea flour you just need to mix everything with a whisk and slowly add the water.
- Slice your vegetables into their desired size (preferably small cubes) and heat them in a pan with a bit of vinegar/water/oil of choice. Once the vegetables are a bit cooked you can add them to your Filling mixture.
- Put all the ingredients of the Dough mixture, except the water in a bowl and mix. Slowly add the water until you can knead the dough with your hands and it is not sticky. If you added too much water just add more of your flour.
- Depending on the size of your baking pan you might need to increase the dough size or make several batches. Grease the pan and place your dough in it molding it so that it fits the pan.
- Bake the dough for 5 minutes on 180 °C.
- Without turning off the oven take out the dough, add the filling and bake again for 10-20 minutes depending on the consistency of the cream you desire.
- Slice and serve.